Creating products manually
You can synchronize your products manually if you don’t have a feed of products. Please refer to Importing products from Shopify if you have installed the Pickzen App in Shopify. You can also import your products faster from a CSV file or import your products in CSV or XML format from a URL.
Synchronize products manually
To synchronize your products simply click on the following button from Step 2. Add products :
When you click the button, it will show a dialog where you can edit your new product.
The product editor is the place where you can view and edit a product’s properties:
The fields are:
- ID/SKU: The unique identifier of the product.
- Name: The name of the product that will be displayed in the recommendations.
- Vendor: Vendor of the product.
- Price: Price of the product without the currency. The currency has to be defined in general settings.
- Boost: The boost is used to sort the recommended products. If you want a product to be recommended before, give it a greater boost. The default boost for all products is 1.0.
- Url: External URL of the product where the user can see more information when the recommended product is clicked.
- Image: URL with the image of the product.
- Description: Text with a description of the product. This description can be shown along with the recommendations.
Notice the pin icon next to the Name and Description fields. If you synchronize your products manually, this can be ignored. However, if you later decide to connect your products to a feed, use the pin to save what you have entered manually.